Monday, January 19, 2009

Hayley's biopsy


This week has been a roller coaster of emotions. Hayley had the biopsy on her tongue Wednesday morning. She was so brave. She didn't even go under general anesthesia. I held her foot during the whole procedure so she knew I was there. I watched the whole procedure and got a little light-headed watching the doctor put three rounds of shots into her tongue. The best news from this procedure was that he didn't hit her nerve and she didn't need stitches. She is healing really fast.
Then, Friday evening we got the call form the doctor. Her biopsy came back negative for cancer. I have never been so thrilled to hear anything in my whole life. The growth on her tongue is not cancerous. It may continue to grow and eventually have to be removed, but the scary part is over. I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who hears and answers prayers. I am grateful for family and friends who fasted and prayed for Hayley.

No comments:

About Me

I am a full-time high school teacher and mom of two beautiful girls. I love teaching English and helping students communicate in writing. I also love storybooking and helping people preserve their life/stories/heritage in beautiful storybooks. If you want to know more, check out www.robertsonyouruniquestory.com