Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I Love Halloween




I'm going to post a picture of the gigantic spider web we have out front of our house. I love Halloween. I don't know what it is about this holiday. I'm not a big candy eater, I don't like scary movies, and I don't like blood and gore. But, I love this holiday; it's weird. My children start planning their next year's Halloween costume the day we purchase their costume for the current year. They want to wear the costumes every day until Halloween. Whitney, age 4, cannot understand why her Halloween costume is not appropriate for church! I guess it's just the fun of dressing up and not having to follow any "norms" for one day. If I want to dress crazy and be laid back at work, I get one day each year to do just that. I guess most of all, I love experiencing Halloween through the eyes of my children. They remind me, each day, to enjoy the moment. I thank god for these sweet little girls.

No comments:

About Me

I am a full-time high school teacher and mom of two beautiful girls. I love teaching English and helping students communicate in writing. I also love storybooking and helping people preserve their life/stories/heritage in beautiful storybooks. If you want to know more, check out www.robertsonyouruniquestory.com